What is the Masteries Professional Development Plan Submission Process:
The Masteries Professional Development Plan is a unique and practical tool for professional and personal growth. It is an empowering process which builds commitment towards their learning and growth. It is an autonomous and empowering process. It is a commitment for progress based on self-accountability.
The IAC would like to help the coach establish the habit of creating a Plan for him/herself and for his/her clients. Something that she/he can implement every year from now on. Defining a measurable and actionable plan every year will help create focus and direction in the coach’s professional and personal life .
Professional development goals could be different every year, or be a clear continuation of progress on an existing path. Your Professional development goals must show a direct relationship to the 9 IAC Coaching Masteries®. Examples of activities for Masteries Professional Development Plan.
Download and complete the MPDP template here:
- Masteries Professional Development Plan Template (.doc format)
- Masteries Professional Development Plan Template (.doc format- Spanish)
View Sample Form for guidance:
- Sample Completed Masteries Professional Development Plan (.PDF format)
- Ejemplo de un Masteries Professional Development Plan (.PDF format- Spanish)
For more clarity regarding the activities that you can undertake in your learning journey, please refer to these examples
Guidelines: Examples of activities for Masteries Professional Development Plan
- Peer or co-coaching participation or Coaching Review (i.e., buddy coaching or triad sessions with other IAC members using a structured feedback process, working with a Mentor Coach, etc.)
- Broaden your knowledge of how the Masteries apply to your specific niche and style of coaching (Via self-evaluating recorded coaching sessions)
- Personal and professional growth options, honoring the work that coaches are already doing in the profession, for example:
- Attending coaching conferences/classes
- Coordinating IAC chapter events
- Volunteering for the IAC (or another coaching nonprofit)
- Writing articles for the VOICE or other publications
- Conducting coaching research
- Hosting a study group
- Mentor coaching
- Writing a White paper or Blog
- Analyzing interactions with characters in a movie and noting which Masteries are present and/or could be present.
The IAC’s objective is to encourage and support continued professional growth for coaches. You will find Masteries Professional Development Plan to be helpful to your continued growth and development as a professional coach.
Purchase Masteries Practitioner package
Upload Masteries Practitioner Development Plan
Take Online Test
Step 2: Coaching Demonstration